Regionally sourced, carefully produced and versatile in its application.
More than 150 years of experience, premium raw materials from sustainably managed forests and modern production technologies are the basis of MM sawn timber.
#mm #mmholz #mayrmelnhofholz #MMSchnittholz #MMsawntimber #whereideascangrow #woideenwachsenkönnen
Sawn timber is the one material most often used in construction worldwide. Mayr-Melnhof Holz produces premium sawn timber in various qualities and dimensions. MM sawn timber is used for indoor and outdoor timber construction, also for industrial processing into floors, battens, doors, multi-layered boards, cross-laminated timber, glued laminated timber, as well as in the packaging industry. We produce sawn timber at our five sawmills in Leoben (AT), Paskov (CZ), Insjön (SW), Blyberg (SW) and Mora (SW). All locations source their logs from sustainably managed forests.
As a natural, regrowing building material that stores CO2, sawn timber makes an important contribution to active climate protection.
- 100 percent ecological, regrowing raw material – 1 m³ of wood stores 1 ton of CO2
- Wood sourced from sustainably managed forests
- High product quality due to the sawmills being located in high-quality European growth areas Supply reliability thanks to locations in heavily forested areas and long-standing regional supply partnerships. Continuous delivery capability and short delivery times thanks to large storage capacities at all sawmill locations.
- Wood is dried in state-of-the-art drying kilns according to customer specifications
- Lamellas for glued laminated timber and cross-laminated timber
- Lamellas for laminated beam elements, heartwood separated or heartwood-free
- Raw material for structural timber (KVH) production
- Various dimensions, planed or unplaned for interior and exterior timber construction
- Raw material for planers and profilers
- Laths, battens, and posts for a wide variety of construction applications
- Scaffolding Boards
- Side boards for industrial processing (parquet and hardwood flooring; battens etc.)
- Side boards for packaging industry
|Site||Leoben (AT)||Paskov (CZ)||Efimovskij (RU)|
|Wood species||Spruce (Picea Abies), |
|Spruce (Picea Abies)||Spruce (Picea Abies), |
|Standard length||4 m||3/4/5 m||4/5 m|
|Thickness||12 mm - 104 mm||13 mm - 75 mm|
|Width||28 mm - 300 mm||40 mm - 250 mm|
|Length||1800 mm - 5100 mm|
|Moisture content||Drying to standard moisture content |
or acc. to customer specifications
|8 - 20 % |
Goods are also available freshly cut
|8 - 20 %|
|Quality||According to the customs of the Austrian timber trade (ÖHHU)|
|Product standard||Visual strength-grading according to EN 14081-1:2005 + A1:2011 and DIN 4074-1 or BS 4978 + A1|
- Long-standing stable business relationships with a large number of logistics service providers in Europe.
- We use digital platforms for fast communication with our transport service providers.
- Loading into shipping containers is possible at all sites.
- With trusted logistics partners we are able to offer fast and reliable container shipments worldwide.
- Subject inducement we can offer breakbulk shipments from the Adriatic, Baltic and North Seas.
- With our own port terminal in Koper, Slovenia, we have regular chartered services to southern Mediterranean ports & beyond.
- All Mayr-Melnhof Holz sawmills in Leoben (AT) & Paskov (CZ) as well as our timber processing plants in Gaishorn (AT) & Wismar (DE) are directly connected to national railway networks.
- We use both private & public rail service providers to transport goods in an environmentally friendly manner.
Delivery to construction sites
- Just-in-time deliveries to our cross-laminated and glulam construction sites.
- A full range of modern transport solutions is offered as necessary:
- all-wheel drive trucks
- narrow-access self-steering trailers
- hydraulically steered trailers
- solo vehicles with up to 10 m loading length for inner-city areas
- covered loads up to 3,5 m wide
- loads up to 52 m length
- trailers with on-board forklifts
- Edscha sliding roof trailers for vertical access
Together with our logistics partners we will provide you with professional documentation to enable you to cover all your export, import, and customs formalities without problems.