Ecological, individual and ready to install
MM crosslam cross-laminated timber is THE solid wood building material for modern and classical architecture.
#mm #mmholz #mayrmelnhofholz #MMcrosslam #CLT #crosslaminatedtimber #BSP #Brettsperrholz #Holzbau #bauenmitholz #timbertechnology #timberconstruction #whereideascangrow #woideenwachsenkönnen
Mayr-Melnhof Holz MM crosslam is a solid cross-laminated timber panel that can be used for structural and partitioning purposes alike. Three to nine layers of selected softwood lamellas are permanently cross-laminated. This structure produces lightweight yet strong, slim, and dimensionally stable building components with excellent structural and physical properties. Using our modern CNC machining stations we can create fully finished panels readied for installation and assembly on site. This high degree of prefabrication and the wide variety of panel formats allows for fast, low-dust installation at the construction site.
MM crosslam, like all Mayr-Melnhof Holz structural timber products, is PEFC-certified. As a natural, regrowing building material that stores CO2, the use of MM crosslam cross-laminated timber makes an important contribution to active climate protection.
- A wide variety of formats and dimensions
- High load-bearing capacity and impressive strength to weight ratio
- Excellent inherent and dimensional stability
- High degree of prefabrication, resulting in simple, low-noise and low-dust installation as well as short construction time
- Space savings thanks to low construction thickness
- Solid, value-retaining construction method using high-quality visible wood surfaces
- Flexible design with elements made-to-measure
- Precision CNC machining & finishing for individual project requirements
- Types of buildings
- Single and multiple family homes
- Multi-storey residential buildings
- Modular and temporary buildings
- Community buildings such as kindergartens, schools and nursing homes
- Commercial, office and industrial buildings
- Agricultural structures
- Tourism buildings such as hotels and restaurants
- Leisure facilities such as sports centres and pools
- Building components
- Roof structures
- System elements
|Wood species||Spruce (Picea Abies)|
|Moisture content||12 % (± 2 %)|
|Weight||approx. 480 kg/m³ (to determine transport weight)|
|Gluing||PUR EN 15425-I-70-GP-0,3 ; MUF EN 301-I-90-GP-0,3 S|
|Fire behaviour||D-s2, d0|
|Usage class||NKL 1+2|
|Technical approval||ETA -09/0036|
|Quality||Non-visible quality (NVI), industrial-visible quality (IVI) , residential visible quality (RVI)|
|Thickness||60 mm - 320 mm (PUR) and 60 mm - 300 mm (MUF)|
|Height||3.5 m (PUR) and 3 m (MUF)|
|Length||16 m (PUR) and 16.5 m (MUF)|
|Special shapes||XC® by MMK Timber concrete composite element |
finned and box elements
- Long-standing stable business relationships with a large number of logistics service providers in Europe.
- We use digital platforms for fast communication with our transport service providers.
- Loading into shipping containers is possible at all sites.
- With trusted logistics partnerss we are able to offer fast and reliable container shipments worldwide.
- Subject inducement we can offer breakbulk shipments from the Adriatic, Baltic and North Seas.
- With our own port terminal in Koper, Slovenia, we have regular chartered services to southern Mediterranean ports & beyond.
- All Mayr-Melnhof Holz sawmills in Leoben (AT) & Paskov (CZ) as well as our timber processing plants in Gaishorn (AT) & Wismar (DE) are directly connected to national railway networks.
- We use both private & public rail service providers to transport goods in an environmentally friendly manner.
Delivery to construction sites
- Just-in-time deliveries to our cross-laminated and glulam construction sites.
- A full range of modern transport solutions is offered as necessary:
- all-wheel drive trucks
- narrow-access self-steering trailers
- hydraulically steered trailers
- solo vehicles with up to 10 m loading length for inner-city areas
- covered loads up to 3,5 m wide
- loads up to 52 m length
- trailers with on-board forklifts
- Edscha sliding roof trailers for vertical access
Together with our logistics partners we will provide you with professional documentation to enable you to cover all your export, import, and customs formalities without problems.
The CLTdesigner programme for cross-laminated timber pre-dimensioning – developed by the specialist timber research company holz.bau forschung GmbH in Graz, Austria – was based on MM crosslam structural properties. This pre-dimensioning software, regularly tested and updated, is available free of charge and without commitment to our customers.