Standardised, flexible and affordable.
Glulam house building elements MM HBE: Solid walls, ceilings and roofs made of wood according to the building block principle.
#mm #mmholz #mayrmelnhofholz #MMHBE #Holzmassivbauelement #glulamhousebuildingelement #Brettschichtholz #glulam #gluelaminatedtimber #whereideascangrow #woideenwachsenkönnen
With its MM HBE system made of profiled glued laminated timber, Mayr-Melnhof Holz offers a new solution for solid timber structures up to three storeys tall. The glulam house building element is based on the building block principle and works with just a few simple details. Using a single standardised building block allows you to create solid timber walls, ceilings and roofs. Simply screwed together to form a frame comprised of bottom beam and stiffening top beam, loads are structurally transferred in a linear fashion via panels. Especially when quick delivery, project flexibility and costs are paramount, you can rely on the MM HBE system. Stored elements are available at short notice.
MM HBE, like all Mayr-Melnhof Holz products, is PEFC-certified. As a natural, regrowing building material that stores CO2, the use of MM HBE glulam house building elements makes an important contribution to active climate protection.
- Material benefits
- High quality and precision thanks to industrial prefabrication
- Solid, value-retaining construction method
- Pleasant indoor climate
- High thermal insulation values
- Heat protection in the summer, protection from the cold in the winter
- High fire resistance class
- High earthquake safety
- Surface finish of your choice
- Construction benefits
- High degree of standardisation
- Precise CNC machining services & finishing for mounting for individual project requirements
- Low amount of waste
- Low dead weight in comparison with raw density
- Excellent inherent and dimensional stability
- Space savings thanks to low construction thickness
- High load-bearing capacity possible with simple wood screws – e.g. suspended kitchen cabinets
- Installation benefits
- Simple application thanks to system properties
- Simple low-noise and -dust installation of pre-fabricated elements
- Quick construction thanks to dry method
- Quick installation
- Easy to process
- Suitable for structural panel formation
- Internal cable channel
- Types of buildings
- Single and multiple family homes
- Commercial, office and industrial buildings
- Module and temporary buildings
- Hybrid construction combined with traditional brick and timber frame construction
- Building components
|Wood species||Spruce (Picea Abies)|
|Surface||Planed on 4 or 2 sides, profiled on the sides and chamfered|
|Moisture content||12 % (± 2 %)|
|Density||approx. 430 kg/m³|
|Gluing||MUF, EN 301-I-90-GP-0,3-S (melamine resin, bright glue joint, waterproof)|
|Fire class||D-s2, d0|
|Usage class||NKL 1+2|
|Product standard||EN 14080:2013|
|Quality||visual (VI), non-visible (NVI)|
|Width||Covered width 34.5 cm and 54.5 cm (element width 36 cm and 56 cm)|
|Height||10 cm (stock and system elements)|
|Length||System lengths in storey height, for example 2.7 m or stock length of 13.5 m|
|Profiles||15 mm double groove and tongue connection profile and |
20 x 30 mm groove on both sides – in the middle in the form of an internal cable channel
- Long-standing stable business relationships with a large number of logistics service providers in Europe.
- We use digital platforms for fast communication with our transport service providers.
- Loading into shipping containers is possible at all sites.
- With trusted logistics partners we are able to offer fast and reliable container shipments worldwide.
- Subject inducement we can offer breakbulk shipments from the Adriatic, Baltic and North Seas.
- With our own port terminal in Koper, Slovenia, we have regular chartered services to southern Mediterranean ports & beyond.
- All Mayr-Melnhof Holz sawmills in Leoben (AT) & Paskov (CZ) as well as our timber processing plants in Gaishorn (AT) & Wismar (DE) are directly connected to national railway networks.
- We use both private & public rail service providers to transport goods in an environmentally friendly manner.
Delivery to construction sites
- Just-in-time deliveries to our cross-laminated and glulam construction sites.
- A full range of modern transport solutions is offered as necessary:
- all-wheel drive trucks
- narrow-access self-steering trailers
- hydraulically steered trailers
- solo vehicles with up to 10 m loading length for inner-city areas
- covered loads up to 3,5 m wide
- trailers with on-board forklifts
- Edscha sliding roof trailers for vertical access
Together with our logistics partners we will provide you with professional documentation to enable you to cover all your export, import, and customs formalities without problems.